NBA Betting Tips
As mentioned in all other sports betting guides, the first thing you need to learn is the “markets” if you are looking for the best NBA betting experience possible. When we say markets, we mean the main betting types at NJ sportsbooks. They are:
- NBA Futures
- Game Day Bets
- In-Play (Live) Betting
No matter which site you pick, all gambling options that are offered to a player will be listed under one of these main categories. So, let’s continue with what they mean.
- Futures Betting: These are the bets that are about an outcome that will happen in the distant future. For example, you can place a bet about which team will be the champion at the end of the 2022-2023 season. We are not in 2023 but you can still try your luck: future odds can be extremely satisfying.
- Game Day Betting: The most common form of NBA betting: you place the bet before the game starts. Technically, it is still futures betting but not for the distant future – maybe 48 hours before at most.
- In-Play Bets: Bets that can be placed after the game starts until it ends. Also known as “live betting”.
For most bettors, game-day betting will be the most suitable choice. In-play bets are for veterans, as they require making decisions in a very short time frame. Futures bets, on the other hand, are really based on pure luck: do not wager big amounts for them. When you choose an option for NBA betting, you should also:
- Browse the odds at multiple NBA betting sites NJ to find the best offers, and,
- Check whether you can use a free bet bonus for that game.
How Profitable Is Betting on the NBA Online?
How profitable NBA betting will be depends entirely on the odds offered. For example, let's say an online NBA betting site is offering +300 for a particular outcome: this figure represents what you can earn ($300) when you place $100 on that bet. The higher the odds, the more you earn – simple.
However, as in other sports, the probability of the relevant outcome determines how high the odds will be. That is, the less likely an outcome is to occur, the higher the odds will be. In this context, we recommend that you pay attention to the following to increase your profit rate while browsing the "basketball" category of New Jersey online gambling sites:
- Futures betting always offers the highest odds.
- In this regard, the second-best option is live bets. Dynamic odds can be extremely high at times.
- In game-day betting, high odds are only offered for very exotic outcomes (for example, betting on the total number of rebounds a particular player will make)
- Whichever option you choose, it is possible to increase the odds even more by using the parlay option.
In general, we can say that NBA betting ranks second among other major sports (football and baseball) in terms of profitability rates. Football comes first, but this is due to a statistical situation: since it is the most popular sport in the world, it is normal for football data to always be high in almost every subject. We can easily say that betting on NBA games offers satisfactory profits.
How to Choose the Best Online NBA Betting Site
Choosing the best NBA betting sites is of crucial importance: the right site will offer you several bonuses, a variety of betting markets, and satisfying odds. However, if you don’t know how to pick them, finding the best NBA betting sites NJ can be quite challenging. Below, we talk about what you should pay attention to when evaluating.
Security and Trust
Online sportsbooks can operate legally in New Jersey, but only if they are licensed by the DGE (Division of Gaming Enforcement). When browsing betting sites, first check and verify the DGE license. In addition, we recommend that you do the following:
- Make sure every page is encrypted with SSL. If you see a lock icon on the left side of your browser's address bar, you're safe.
- Only choose PCI-DSS compliant NJ sportsbooks to keep your payments safe.
- See if there are any complaints about that sportsbook with a simple internet search.
Sign Up Bonuses
You can find a bonus at all NBA betting sites NJ, but the ones that offer truly advantageous promotions are rare. Make sure you get something for your first deposit, such as a risk free bet. These bonuses let you recover your initial wager if the bet loses. Consider the following while checking the bonus offers:
- The wagering rate should be as low as possible (i.e., 5x or less)
- You should be able to withdraw money even while the wagering requirement is active
- Make sure you can take advantage of more free bets (and other promos) when you become a regular member too
Placing bets and winning them is fun, but you should be able to start counting your money as soon as possible. In other words, the payout process of sportsbooks must be fast and problem-free. Visit the “payments” section of NBA betting sites NJ and look for the following:
- What are the minimum and maximum amounts you can withdraw? The first one should be low, the second one must be high.
- How many payment methods are available? The more the better.
- Do you need to pay a fee for withdrawals? Ideally, all transactions should be free of charge.
- How long does it take to make a withdrawal? It should be as short as possible (i.e., 2 days)
And, lastly, check out the usability of New Jersey online gambling sites. This means:
- Is the design practical and easy to use? There should be no navigation problems.
- Test the website on mobile, using a browser and native apps (if applicable). You should get the same performance and features on both.
- You are looking for NBA betting sites NJ, but this does not mean that basketball should be the only sport available. For variety, prefer websites that support other leagues too, such as MLB and NFL.
- Likewise, if the website also offers casino games such as online poker, you will get additional gambling options, which is always better. Some casinos in NJ also act as a bookmaker.
How to sign up for an online betting account
Think you're ready to embark on your basketball betting adventure? In that case, you should sign up for a site, make your first deposit, and try your luck on the NBA championship. To complete the registration phase as smooth as possible, follow the steps below:
- Pick one of the NBA betting sites NJ we recommend and visit its website.
- Look for a button/link that says “join” (or “register”)
- Click the button and fill out the membership form. You need to enter your name, address, phone number, email, SSN, and other relevant personal info.
- Activate your account by clicking the link that is sent to your email address.
- Log in with your username and password. You are now ready to start NBA betting!
Note that you can register using betting apps too, the steps you need to follow are the same. Lastly, remember that while you can join from anywhere in the world, you need to be physically in New Jersey in order to place bets with real money.
How to make NBA parlays
Parlay bets are quite popular among bettors, and they let you try your luck on at least two outcomes with a single bet. They can be used in basketball too, and in this regard, we can say that there are two types of parlays:
- Same game parlay: A single bet about two different outcomes in a single game. For example, you can bet that Team A will win the game and the final score difference won’t be higher than 20 points.
- 2-team parlay: A single bet about the outcomes of two different games. For example, you can place a bet on the winner of a game and another bet on the total points of a different game – both on a single slip.
Note that it is also possible to bet on more than two games: the higher this number, the better the payout will be. When you add at least two games/outcomes to your slip, it will automatically turn into a parlay, so they are quite easy to make.
How to make NBA bets
Parlays are not your only option for NBA betting. When you join NJ sportsbooks, you can take advantage of many different betting options, such as:
- Moneyline (what the score will be)
- Spreads (betting on a margin set by the sportsbook)
- Over/Under (whether the final score will be over or under a specific value, also known as total)
Betting on lines will be the best option for beginners but it is your call: pick any option you like. When you select the “NBA” category from the main page of the bookmaker, you will see a list of all available season games and events. Pick one, and all betting options for your selection will be listed, including the examples above. Choose an option, enter your wager, and you are good to go: good luck!